Practical Endodontics – Taking It To The Next Level
Finnendo has been bringing exciting events every year in endodontics for you since 2017. In May of 2019 we had a full day of practical session with experts. This practical session was greatly appreciated.
This year Finnendo is collaborating with Dentsply Sirona in Bensheim south Germany, to provide you with a two-day intensive practice-oriented workshop in endodontics and restoration of endodontically treated teeth in the Dentsply Sirona ‘State of the Art’ labs. You will have training using microscopes for endodontics and possibility of using Cerec machines for practicing restoration of endodontically treated teeth.
The course will cover wide range of topics and will be held in direct coaching format using a series of hands-on exercises supported with lectures and case presentations.
The main emphasis will be on helping to develop and apply the technical skills required to achieve predictable endodontic outcomes and to improve everyday clinical skills.
- Present the essential science and evidence base behind endodontic treatment
- Discuss how best to apply this knowledge in an everyday clinical setting,
- Demonstrate and coach practical skills to make endodontic treatment more efficient and predictable
Training sessions and course objectives
- Overview of pathogenesis and diagnosis of pulpal and peri-radicular disease
- Endodontic examination and assessment, including special tests, radiography and CBCT
- Root canal anatomy and implications for root canal treatment
- Vital pulp therapy vs root canal retreatment
- Rubber dam isolation – different techniques and how to cope in difficult situations
- Access cavity and coronal preparation
- Preparation of glide path by hand or with rotary instrument
- achieving a reproducible glide path while respecting the canal anatomy
- Root canal preparation: mechanical instrumentation and irrigation
- properties of irrigants and their role in disinfecting the root canal system
- principles of irrigation dynamics and their limitations
- irrigation activation systems
- Determining working length and apical gauging
- methods of diagnostic length determination
- when and how to determine master apical file size
- Obturation techniques with emphasis on various thermoplasticized techniques
- master gutta-percha cone customization in conjunction with cold lateral compaction
- warm vertical compaction techniques
- carrier based obturation
- Retreatment – GP (gutta percha): removal
- Problem-solving – preventing ledges, blockages, calcified canals, open apex cases, post removal
- Restoration of endodontically treated teeth
- Management of discoloration of the root-filled tooth
CPD points and certificate
The course will give you 13 hours of verifiable CPD. You’ll also get a certificate of attendance.
Structure and teaching
This two-day course runs from 9:00am to 15.30 each day. The course will be delivered through a combination of evidence-based discussions (seminars) and hands-on practical work.
1. Wajih Jinnah (BDS, MSc, EHL)
- MSc Restorative Dentistry 2001 (Helsinki)
- Specialist training in Endodontics 2010 (Helsinki)
- Currently Head of Specialists Clinics, South Karelia Social and Health Care District (Eksote), Finland
- Private practice limited to endodontics (Plusterveys, Oral)
2. Wilhelm-J. Pertot (DCD, DEA, PhD)
Dr Wilhelm – Joseph PERTOT graduated from St. Joseph University Dental School, Beirut, June 1988.
In October 1989, he earned a certificate in the biology of oral structures from Marseille Dental School.
In September 1991, he earned a Master in Endodontics, from Marseille Dental School, and in October 1991, a « Diplôme d’Etude Approfondies from Marseille School of Medicine.
In October 1996, he obtained a PhD Thesis from Marseille Dental School, for his research on Growth Factors and bone healing.
Dr. Pertot was nominated Assistant-Professor on January 1991, and was promoted Senior Lecturer on September 1994. From 1992 to 1998, he has been Co-Director of the Graduate program in Endodontics in Marseille Dental School.
He served as visiting academics at Warwick Post Graduate Program (UK) from 2012 to 2015.
He currently lectures at the post graduate program of Rey Juan Carlos University (Madrid) and is Clinical teacher at the Post graduate European Endodontic program of Paris 7 University.
Dr. Pertot has more than 55 published papers on different clinical and research topics in French and International Journals and has given more than 550 lectures and hands-on courses in Congresses and Dental Schools, before specialty and general dental groups, both nationally and internationally.
He has published 3 books:
“Success in Endodontic Treatment” – WJ Pertot, S Simon ; Quintessence International Eds, Paris, 2003.
“Success in Endodontic Retreatment” – S Simon, WJ Pertot ; Quintessence International Eds, Paris, 2006 (translated to English, Spanish and Portugese)
”Endodontics” – S Simon, P Machtou, WJ Pertot ; CdP Eds, Paris, 2012.
Dr Pertot has a private practice limited to Endodontics in Paris.
The event is limited participation on first come first basis. The course fee includes two day session, return Finnair flights between Helsinki and Frankfurt, transportation between Frankfurt airport and Bensheim*, two-night accommodation in twin occupancy rooms° including breakfast, lunch and coffee during practical training sessions, and dinner on Friday in the atmospheric castle Auerback. You will also have a chance to visit Dentsply Sirona factory.
*If you wish to arrange your own travel plans or coming from another destination to Frankfurt then the course fee is reduced. Please check details below.
°If you wish to stay in single occupancy then it is possible with extra charge. Please check details below.
Departure Thursday 16.04 and return Saturday 18.04
Finnair AY1415 16APR HELSINKI FRANKFURT 1655 1835
Finnair AY1416 18APR FRANKFURT HELSINKI 1925 2250
Hotel Bachuus (Rodensteinstrasse 30, D-64625 Bensheim) is a decent hotel situated at short walking distance from Dentsply Sirona. For more information visit hotel website. https://www.hotel-bacchus.de/
Friday 17.04 1t 19.00 at Schloß Auerbac Bensheim.
All inclusive (twin room sharing) – 1199euros
All inclusive (single room/non sharing) – 1299euros
Everything but the flights and travel (twin room sharing) – 899euros
Everything but the flights and travel (single room/non sharing) – 999euros